In this article
We have discussed the best Smartwatches for Women in 2023. They are becoming the new trend for women because of their alluring designs and unique features. After thorough research, we have organized a list to help you pick the best one to keep up with the trends. Besides, the included buyer’s guide hosts all important factors to help you clear your mind.
There’s nothing sexier than a working woman having a love for technology. A wristwatch is without any doubt an important thing for many people. Since watches are turning into smartwatches now, this is why the competition is at its peak. And not only tech companies like Samsung or Apple, but traditional wristwatch manufacturers are also joining the race. You will come across many popular brands that have rolled out smartwatches now.
Here we will be specifically talking about the best smartwatches for women. But, how is a smartwatch for women different from those for men? Well, it’s the same old story. There is no difference on the inside because you will get pretty much all the features. But speaking of looks, design, color and aesthetics, this is where the difference comes in. The way some smartwatches are designed and finished makes them suitable for women. So, without any further ado, these are the best smartwatches for women in 2023. And following this, you’ll see how to choose a smartwatch for yourself.
Editor’s Top 3 Picks
Apple Watch 7
Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch
How to pick the best women’s smartwatch?
Calculated decisions work well in every situation. Here speaking of smartwatches for women, we have classified watches into the design and features category. The design section will include info about what color exactly suits you, what size you should go with, or how thinner the strap size should be. And on the features section, all key features of a smartwatch are mentioned in detail. Go through it all and pick the best one according to your need and budget.
- Case Size – Women tend to have a thinner wrist compared to men, this asks for the question of what should be the case/dial size of your next smartwatch. A bulky one will not only annoy you but look hideous as well. This is the reason manufacturers have designed specific models for women only. So, a smartwatch having a case size of 42mm or below is recommended for women. In some cases, a 44mm case size is also worth it, but anything beyond that will annoy you and will look ugly on your wrist.
- Thickness – The depth of the watch matters too. An optimal thickness would not annoy you as you use or wear the watch. Besides, the slimmer the watch, the fancier it looks. And for women, this is a must look factor because a bulky watch would not look good on your wrist. The recommended thickness, which will make the best smartwatch for women, is 12mm to 14mm. This range is optimal for a woman’s wrist.
- Color – Most of the smartwatches you will come across come in blue, black or silver colors. And these colors are aimed towards both men and women because wearing a pink watch for an executive meeting sounds lame. However, many smartwatches are also available in other colors, most of which will suit women, like maroon, pink or rose gold etc.
- Strap Size – Women tend to wear watches having thinner straps. Again, it all matters because of the size of a woman’s wrist. So, a smartwatch is no different from a conventional watch in design. This is why the straps of your smartwatch should be thin too. Anything between 18mm to 20mm is optimal.
- Customization – Many smartwatches nowadays offer a range of variants based on design and color. It all matters about you because the final thing which you will put on your wrist should comfort you in all ways. So, whenever deciding to buy a smartwatch, make sure you check all the colors and designs available. You can choose things like the strap color, strap material, face color etc. Moreover, since conventional wristwatch manufacturers are jumping into the smartwatch world too, this means you can easily go around, look for a watch smith and change the straps as per your choice.
- Compatibility – One of the very important things before yourself a smartwatch is to check if it is compatible with your smartphones. Otherwise, it will be useless, you might gift it to somebody then, unwillingly. But this is an easy one. There are quite a limited number of operating systems for smartwatches. You should be able to pick one that will work with your smartphone. So, straight forward, an Apple watch will only work with other Apple devices. There is no point in opening for others because then Apple won’t be Apple anymore. On the other side, Tizen by Samsung and Wear OS by Google will work properly with Android, provided your Android version is 4.3 or higher. In some cases, Wear OS will also work with iPhone but then you may lose some features. Finally, Fitbit OS which is a popular one, works good on both iPhone and Android.
- Sensors – Higher the number of sensors, smarter your smartwatch is. So, you need to look into what sensors your smartwatch brings with it. You should get useful information from those sensors because a smartwatch is not just meant to receive calls easily or get notifications at your wrist but should also keep track of your daily routine. This is why among sensors, fitness trackers like Heart Rate and GPS are very important to have on a smartwatch. But you should know that not all trackers are accurate and reliable. We will be discussing this with each smartwatch.
- Battery Life – Any smartwatch giving you a backup of 15 hours or more is good enough. A smartwatch having fewer features like no voice command etc. may last longer, like a day or even two. But those packed with features and power will have a backup of around 15 – 18 hours. And about the charging, some smartwatches can recharge wirelessly, but these are mostly from big names like Samsung and Apple. And this is why their price goes up too.
- Alerts – Getting alerts and notifications from your smartphone to your smartwatch is an important feature. All smartwatches will get your alerts, but here is a difference in how these alerts are displayed and handled. Ensure that you can easily see all your alerts or notifications by a single swipe from the bottom or top. Some watches simply throw out the notifications if you ignore them for a longer period, which obviously is not a good thing. In fact, for some watches, you can even control what notifications you want to get and what not.
- Voice Command – Not many people will want to use voice commands, but it is a handy feature. The fact is that this feature is now more sophisticated than it was previously. Chances are, most of the time, your smartwatch will get exactly what you are saying. And you will never know, but there will come a time when you will immediately feel the need for voice control. So you should think about it while getting yourself a new smartwatch.
Best Smartwatches for Women
1. Apple Watch 7
A smartwatch for smart ladies
- GPS + Cellular
- Larger Display
- Faster Charging
- Guided Workouts
- Range of Colors
For the most part, the Apple Watch 7 resembles its predecessor Apple Watch 6. However, some noticeable changes make it best among the two. And if you are ready to invest a good amount for a smartwatch, why not buy the latest available model. The Apple Watch 7 comes with faster charging than before and has an almost 20 percent larger display, hence making it the largest display in an Apple Watch. The larger screen enough should be the reason for skipping Watch 6 and choosing this, but let’s peek into the features. Its larger screen allows you to see more content and have larger buttons for a better user experience. Besides, the range of colors available in the new model is rather wide, and you have multiple options to choose from. For ladies who would like to track their fitness, the Apple Watch 7 has more guided workouts than before and a new mediation app. For its design and looks, Apple never compromises on aesthetics. The watch is stunningly beautiful and offers a wide range of straps to choose from.
2. Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch
Available in many colors
- 24/7 Heart Rate Monitor
- Sleep Tracking
- Built-in Alexa
- 6 Day Battery
- Slim & Fancy
The previous Fitbit Versa Smartwatch was more of a fitness tracker. Still, the new Fitbit Versa 2 has much more and is truly the best smartwatch for women. It comes in many colors, out of which Bordeaux would be the best option for ladies. The straps of it are easily interchangeable, and you can buy them separately. They come in different colors and materials. The watch’s design has a 40mm face and is just over 12mm thick, which means it is one of the slimmest smartwatches. The smartwatch weighs much lower than its predecessor, 38 grams, so it is lightweight, and you can even wear it while sleeping. It won’t annoy you at all.
The display of it is a color AMOLED touch. This makes it brighter, has a better touch and is accurate with colors. For the home screen, or you may call it the clock face, you can choose from 100’s of available options from the Fitbit app, which is available on both Android and iPhone. As mentioned at the start, it is a fitness tracker, and it really does a lot to keep you healthy. You get a coaching center in it, where you go and select the workout you want to do. It then trains you as a coach and keeps track of time as well. Also, it has a heart rate monitor on the back, which works 24/7, and you can always check your heart rate on the bottom left of the watch’s clock face. Moreover, there is a sleep tracking feature as well. So, wear it when going to sleep and the following day it will tell you a lot of things like when you were in a deep sleep and when not. And now, in this new watch, Fitbit brought in a new subscription system for $10 a month. By subscribing that you get access to premium programs which include guided eating, running and sleeping etc.
You get almost everything from your phone for notifications and alerts, things like What’s App, message, or call alert. You can even reply to messages, and it comes with Alexa built-in, which means now the smartwatch has a microphone. Fitbit Versa Smartwatch comes with its own dock charger where you place the watch and start charging safely. The battery is awesome here. It can go as high as 5 days, depending on your use. If you use it continuously for some task that consumes battery, it will still go for 24 hours. So, this is an awesome smartwatch for women, the looks of it are fancy, and you get all features one could expect from a smartwatch. Besides, the price of it is not too high either. And now that Google owns Fitbit, this will open ways to better updates and synchronization across your Android devices.
3. Garmin Lily
Smartwatch for small wrists
- 4-day Battery Life
- Women Health Tracking
- Gorgeous Aesthetics
Garmin Lily is a cute and exquisite smartwatch for women. Specifically, designed for being lightweight and fit for small wrists. One barely feels it on hand, and at the same time, it has an elegant fashion touch to it. In addition to this, it has many useful health apps for women. The smartwatch is compatible with iOS and Android. Hence suitable for everyone, no matter what platform you are on. For tracking certain fitness measures, it not only shows you current data but also graphs for your past day or week data. What makes it a useful smartwatch is its 4-day battery backup that you can get on regular usage. Note that the Smartwatch records data no matter the display is on or not. Connecting the Garmin Lily smartwatch to your phone is rather easy. You just have to download the Garmin Connect app (iOS or Android), then look for add new device option, and the app will quickly find your device. After pairing your smartwatch and smartphone via Bluetooth, you will be able to see notifications on your watch.
4. Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch Rose Gold
Conventional Outside, Smart Inside
- 3 Days Battery Backup
- LTE Enabled
- Tizen 4.0
- Scroll Dial Swipe
- Good Speaker
Here comes the best Android smartwatch for women. It is stylish, has got a ton of features and gives an amazing battery backup. The rose gold variant of this smartwatch is an exact match for women’s wrists. It has a case size of 45.7mm x 41.9mm, and the depth is 12.7mm, making it perfect for ladies. The straps come in three different sizes, and the watch weighs around 49 grams, which might be a bit higher than new models, but it is still acceptable.
It comes with a Super AMOLED display which really makes it a stunning one. It also is water and dust resistant. It is LTE and GPS enabled for those interested, so you could be doing a lot with this smartwatch. The OS inside it is Tizen 4.0, allowing it to be compatible with Android devices and iPhones. An interesting thing here is that the screen is touch-enabled, but you can also scroll around the circular dial and swipe between apps. It feels better than touch and becomes easier too.
About fitness and tracking, things are not very accurate. Surely, the sensors work, but the results are not at a level where you could base your serious workout sessions on them. However, among other things, the heart rate sensor is pretty accurate. The LTE feature on it is pretty much up to the mark. The speaker on it is good too but not the loudest one. But, one can still manage and get over a call using this smartwatch. You would not like to reply to text notifications because the screen is small, and you won’t type. However, you can go for quick responses, which are available in a wide range. Finally, about the battery, it can go as high as 3 days on basic usage which means a mixed-use of everything from time to time. So yes, this smartwatch should be a go-to option for ladies who want to get an android smartwatch and want something a little within budget.
Best Head Shaver
5. Fossil Gen 5 Julianna
A true feminine touch
- 44mm Case
- 12mm Band
- 8GB Internal Storage
- Swim Proof
- Android / iOS Compatible
The Fossil Gen 5 Julianna Stainless steel watch solves many of the issues we had in the previous versions. There is no smoother performance and added functionality like heart-rate monitoring and GPS tracker. Plus, the battery isn’t any more sluggishly slow to charge. In short, Fossil Gen 5 Julianna wiped out many of the headaches and pain. Fossil still is the brand to go for if you are after a fashionable smartwatch and are not an Apple user.
Fossil, when creating new smartwatches, focuses more on its build with different styles, finishes, colors, different bands and straps available. Fossil Gen 5 has a black 44mm case with a gold-colored bezel around the watch face and a black Milanese-style steel watch band. The band size is 22mm and is interchangeable with all other fossil bands of the same size. The device is compatible with Android OS 6.0+ (Excluding Go Edition) and iOS 10.0+.
Fossil Gen 5 Julianna Stainless is packed with much-needed Snapdragon 3100, a heart-rate sensor, GPS location tracking, Google Assistant for voice commands assistance. Replacing the sluggish and weak wireless charging disk for a much more reliable and speedy contract charging system. There is a speaker included in this watch for audible notification alerts and receiving phone calls. Comes with 8GB of storage for downloading third-party apps and 1GB RAM capacity. A magnetic USB rapid charger is included to charge up to 80% in under an hour.
6. Kate Spade Women’s Scallop Smartwatch 2
- Wear 0S
- 40mm Case
- Voice Activated
- Built-in GPS
- NFC Payments
Scallop 2 is the new model of the Scallop Smartwatch. It has slight design changes in it and some significant changes on the inside. Starting with the design, the watch has a 40mm case size and 3.4 inches screen, touch-enabled. The wristbands are 16mm in length, which means they are thin. You can get the watch in many colors: white, black, gold, and rose gold. Besides, you can choose to go for either a metal bracelet or leather straps. On the left, it has a rotating crown and a button. The crown, as usual in smartwatches, is used for scrolling purposes instead of touch. The button here is a nice addition which takes you to a menu where you can choose your outfit colors, and the watch theme will adapt to it.
Alright, it is powered by Wear OS by Google. This makes it compatible with all new Android and iOS devices. It is powered by Snapdragon 2100, which is enough for everything you will be doing on this best smartwatch. You can easily add apps to it from the play store and make things easy in your daily routine. On the back of it, you will see a heart rate sensors which works pretty good. So you can easily track things like calories burned and steps etc. There is a built-in GPS, which means you do not need your phone to be connected all the time.
More, unlike the previous model, it has NFC Payments option now so you can easily make your payments using your smartwatch. It is also voice-activated, making it a good one to connect to your assistant and control things. And last but not least, for further convenience, it can be charged wireless. However, despite all these good things, the price of it might restrict you from buying it.
7. Michael Kors Access Unisex Silvertone Bradshaw
A large size smartwatch
- 45mm Case
- 9mm Depth
- IP67 Water Resistant
- Stainless Steel
- Multiple Time Zones
This is for women looking for a smartwatch with all its features but conventional looks. It is elegant, has a great design, and the overall metal structure sets this watch apart. The 45mm case size might be a downside for women because this size is recommended for men. But never mind, if other things are good and the watch itself adds some level of style into your getup, then why bother the size. On the other side, the thickness of this smartwatch is 9mm, only making it the thinnest.
It is powered by Wear OS on the inside, making it good to go with Android or iOS devices. It comes with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. They are designed to consume low power. This enables the watch to work for 24 hours or even beyond that based on how you use your watch. More, it is IP67 water resistant, so you don’t need to worry about going out in rainy weather or even going for a swim.
This watch makes it one of the best smartwatches for women is mainly how the watch is designed. It has elegant looks, and the silver stainless steel make is what makes it even more exciting. Besides, on the inside, you get pretty much all the things that make it a good smartwatch. But yes, the watch is expensive because the same amount you spend here can get you something from Apple or Samsung, which would be a better choice in regards to features.
8. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active Rose Gold
A budget smartwatch for women
- 40mm Case
- 10.5mm Thickness
- 25 Grams
- 45 Hours Battery
- Wireless Charging
Galaxy Active is a budget smartwatch from Samsung which comes with pretty much all features, but certain things have been cut off to bring its price down. One of the things you might not see is the rotating bezel used in Galaxy Smartwatch for swiping purposes. Here in this watch, you will have to do everything using the touch screen and the buttons on the left side.
The case size is 40mm, optimal for women, and its depth is 10.5mm only. These dimensions show that it is a slim and minimal watch but wait, what’s more, stunning is that it weighs 25 grams which is insane. As mentioned earlier, Samsung has tried to make it a budget-friendly watch and has targeted the watch more towards fitness geeks. It has a heart rate sensor at the back. This allows the watch to tell you your heart rate and a different thing which is the blood pressure. Besides, it has other workout activities, which will make your workout more fun and progressive.
Overall, this best smartwatch for women from Samsung has got decent looks. It comes in 4 different colors, which are black, silver, rose gold and green. In addition, there is a wide range of colors among the straps which you can choose, or you can just go from any strap from the outside, which is 20mm. Talking about the charge, you can charge your smartwatch wireless from the charging pad or any other smartphone which supports reverse wireless charging. And it works for around 45 hours on mix usage from time to time.
Worth a Read:
Best Vacuum Cleaners
Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
9. Motorola Moto 360 Women’s 2nd Gen
A rose gold smartwatch
- 42mm Case
- Leather/Metallic Straps
- MotoBody Feature
- Music Control
- 2 Days Battery
Moto 360 has a specific version designed for women. Of course, this version has a good case size for women and some colors which women will love the most, compared to men. It is a 42mm case that comes with 16mm wrist straps. You can decide to go for either leather or metallic straps, which look good with the watch. It is available in a wide range of colors, rose gold, the most beautiful one for women. More, it is powered by Android Wear which is basically Wear OS by Google. This allows the phone to work with both Android and iOS devices.
Speaking of what’s on the inside. You get to choose from a variety of clock faces, and all are stunning. One of the best things here is the feature called MotoBody. It lets you know things like your heart rate, steps you’ve walked and whether or not you have achieved your goals, which you have to set any in advance. Besides notifications and alerts, you can even control the music using your smartwatch, making it one of the best android smartwatches for women.
Talking about the battery juice, it is pretty much up to the mark. You can use the watch for 2 – 3 days, based on how you use it. But things like continuous GPS nav or workout mode will drain the battery faster. But nothing to worry about. It gets fully charged in just an hour. Now, the reason you may want to choose this over other good smartwatches like Samsung is its price. You can get it for just $200, which makes sense if you prefer it over others.
10. Skagen Falster 3 Gen 5
A minimal informal smartwatch
- OLED Display
- Snapdragon 3100
- Minimal Design
The Skagen Falster 3 Gen 5 is a breath of fresh air for smartwatches, its unique industrial design packing enough power and display quality to meet much of your basic needs. Its stainless steel casing that has flat sides makes its design unique with a minimal look. Generally comes in four styles, one of which is limited edition and designed in collaboration with X by Kygo. There’s also an X by KYGO watch face that you can use on any of them.
The Skagen Connected Falster 3’s physical design is the biggest plus. The circular metal body feels sturdy without tipping over into bulky, like the Samsung Galaxy Watch; the pipe-like wristband struts doubtless have a slimming effect on the watch’s look. The 1.3 inches OLED display also is another strength of a Skagen Falster 3, delivering amazingly accurate colors. The display sits nested in a noticeable metal ring, which should also protect it from dings and nicks.
The Falster 3 performs adequately well for its minimal Wear OS functions, thanks to its use of the strong chipset Snapdragon 3100. The same comes in Samsung Galaxy Watch and Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2, a slightly dated processor that still hasn’t been succeeded. Paired with 1GB of RAM, the Falster 3 has the best specs possible for a Wear OS Smartwatch.
Smartwatches are the new best gadgets. Everyone is trying to get one. It adds up to your old habit of putting on a wristwatch and brings you many other features on your wrist. For women, these smartwatches come in different colors and designs, this is because besides being smart, an elegant look is important too. So you could go for any best smartwatch for women 2023 mentioned above and get things easy in your life.